Sometimes your connection might be fast, but still variable.
Normally you can spot who has a weak connection by the bar icon on the top right corner of the user's video.
If you have a connection issue (for example your video is no longer displaying, or you are unable to interact with your student) you can do one of two things:
1 - Refresh your page
2 - Disconnect and later reconnect to the the classroom from Settings
Clicking once will disconnect you from the classroom, and click again to reconnect.
This shows what a student will see.
Our advice would be:
- Please check if the internet indicator suggests the issue is with your network.
- Communicate with the student via the chat or email that your connection is variable and ask for the student to stay in the class for 5 minutes while you have a chance to refresh your webpage.
- Do one of the above options to refresh the page
- Try disabling your video or use "whiteboad only" mode to reduce the bandwidth required and make an unstable connection feel less severe.
- Perhaps try moving to a different part of the room/house where your connection is better.