LearnCube offers all the tools that teachers need to teach an effective class: video-conferencing, whiteboard, lesson library, reports, etc.
Zoom has a good reputation for video-conferencing, including into China, but is not made for teaching like LearnCube is.
So for China, rather than using LearnCube's video and audio, use Zoom instead:
Please follow these steps:
1. As a teacher, click to Enter your LearnCube classroom from your Dashboard
2. Disable your webcam when going through the final equipment check
3. Click Enter the class
4. Once you have entered the class, mute your mic so it does not interfere with Zoom's video and mic.
5. Share the Zoom link with your student with one of these options:
a) Send an email or calendar invite with the Zoom link before the session
b) Copy/paste the Zoom link onto on the whiteboard and chat so when the student enters the LearnCube class, they can clearly see that they need to open a link.
c) As the teacher, choose 'Conversation' mode which shows the Chat more clearly for the student and paste the link there for the student to click on.
6. Open Zoom yourself
Wait for the student to arrive ideally in LearnCube + Zoom at the same time but even if the student enters LearnCube without opening Zoom, you can still explain how the student can open Zoom via the LearnCube text chat.
Once the student is on both Zoom and LearnCube, the best option is to...
7. Select Zoom screen share so that the video automatically minimizes and becomes moveable over the LearnCube whiteboard.
You can then conduct your class as normal in LearnCube, accessing materials and writing on the whiteboard.
We'll admit, this approach is more complicated than just using Zoom or just using LearnCube...
However, if you want to teach more effectively, promote your brand and only have a few students in China, this could be a worthwhile compromise.