If you're starting out, if you're an independent teacher or a small business, the simplest, fastest, best way to get started is by combining LearnCube with a scheduling software like Calendly.
Why not choose an all-in-one solution to start with?
An all-in-one solution makes the most sense once you have a business to scale but may not be the most important question facing a startup.
A new business rarely fails because they do not have the most sophisticated technology, but rather they do not have a strategy to attract students.
Simply put, if it costs more to acquire a customer using Google ads than the profit earned from teaching the student, the company will fail. Startups who rely on buying traffic will find this a big challenge.
Startups can succeed but it takes some experimentation and generally a company needs to focus on a specific niche to get started.
That's why we recommend combining LearnCube with a scheduling software like Calendly to get started. The costs are low but the experience inside the virtual classroom is world-class.
This is the initial flow we recommend for startup online education companies or individual teachers:
- The student signs up via your website.
- (Option a) You share the Calendly link - allowing students to see your upcoming availability and book a class - or (Option b) just arrange via email
- Share the LearnCube class link - allowing students to get into a specific class
(Optional) Steps to getting setup with Calendly
How to set up Calendly
Here's how you can get this done in just a few minutes:
- Signup on Calendly
- Edit your "Event" and refer to email confirmation in Location field
- Confirm your general calendar availability
- Copy the Calendly event link (e.g. https://calendly.com/example_company/30min) and share with students through a link from your website or via email.
Your student will open up that link and book a time with you.
Note: Connecting your calendar with Calendly is a great idea so you only have to manage your existing calendar.
Once your student has booked a time with you, it's time to send them the LearnCube link.
How to set up LearnCube
Once you've created an account with LearnCube, follow these steps:
- Open LearnCube and click Create class
- Edit the name of the class, time and date e.g. ESL class with Jane
- Copy the Student Link and share with the student via email or the Add to Calendar button.
LearnCube + Calendly + a marketing home page (e.g. website, facebook page) is all you really need to get started teaching.