The LearnCube platform uses a tool called Crowdin to manage translations centrally.
The translations are divided into strings which depending on how they are cut up in the codebase may be a single word or a "string" of words (i.e. a sentence or even small paragraph).
We ensure a complete translation of the platform in certain languages (most Central European languages) but some customers wish to assist the translation of the platform into different languages (e.g. Arabic, Russian, etc).
To facilitate this we enable trusted partners to provide these translations.
START WITH TRANSLATING ONLY THE ESSENTIAL PARTS
However, it's important for the translator to be clear on what the company needs to translate to avoid translating irrelevant strings.
We suggest starting with the essential strings (those exposed to the student through the virtual classroom, the troubleshooter and possibly the online school student view).
START WITH THE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
1 - Open your Crowdin invite we would have sent you
2 - Once you've created your account, you will see you the different folders and files
3 - The file name: Virtual Classroom / Troubleshooter is the one to start with.
TRANSLATIONS FOR THE ONLINE SCHOOL
The Online School is a product that covers scheduling, CRM admin, the payment gateway.
There are a lot of strings to translate as it covers alerts, email notifications, etc but you do NOT need to translate everything.
The most efficient way to do this is to only translate the strings that are most important to the users and then as time permits, complete for the rest of the platform.
Please start by following these instructions.
1. Open up the LearnCube platform in a browser tab and login into LearnCube as a student.
2. Click the flag/language icon and select the language you want the platform to be displayed in (e.g. Arabic)
3. Identify an untranslated string in the platform, select and copy the untranslated string (e.g. Class Attendance)
4. Open Crowdin in a separate tab (https://crowdin.com/) so it's easy to switch between LearnCube and Crowdin and select the language you've been given permission by LearnCube to translate (e.g. Arabic)
You'll then see that there are a number of files that are possible to translate:
a) translation-file (this is where the bulk of the important translations are for the online school platform)
b) Internal-use (this is where many of the strings related to functions, warnings, notices, etc are found)
c) Virtual Classroom / Troubleshooter (this is where the troubleshooter translations are)
5. Click the file relating to the part of the platform you wish to translate and you'll see the view below. Click in the Search box.
6. Paste the text into the Search box (e.g. Class Attendance)
7. You can type in your translation or select a correct suggestion, then click Save before going to the next string. Then go back to step 3, find another string, translate and save it until you've completed the translations.
Finally please contact LearnCube once you've done all of the translations.
LearnCube can subsequently double check all translations, approve them so they can be displayed in the platform.