This problem usually pops up for a few reasons:
- Using headphones or external speakers?
- Using an older PC computer that uses external audio
Do you use headphones?
- If so, the most likely issue is that your computer is confused by whether it should be using your headphones or computer speakers.
- Plug your headphones into the computer
- Refresh the page/classroom and make sure you select the headset (unless there is only one option)
Did that work?
Do you use a PC with an external audio driver/speakers?
For example, we've found some Asus computers have an external audio driver that needs to be checked and sometime reinstalled.
Are you taking a class at work or Uni where there may be a firewall or do you have a personal firewall?
If none of the above help...
If these aren't working, you'd be surprised how often a computer restart or at least a browser restart works.